NEW clinical trial for healthy Caucasian males aged between 20 and 40. Non-smokers. Get £3,240 for your time!
Screening available now! Trial starts 28th June.
The study drug intends to stimulate specific nerve cell receptors in the brain in order to enhance nerve cell transmissions which should help to treat the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. The study drug has been administered to healthy volunteers in four previous clinical trials. The results of this paid research study will help us to plan for future clinical trials in patients.
This study will be conducted at our clinical trials unit in London Bridge and will involve healthy male Caucasian volunteers.
You will need to attend a screening appointment within 27 days prior to admission. If successful, you will be required to attend our unit for 2 in-house stays of 9 days/8 nights each and a follow up appointment between Days 16 and 19 of the second treatment period.
Dates for cohort 1
• Screening period: 05th June to 26th June (excluding weekends)
• Admission date: 28th June
• In house-period (2 in-house stays of 9 days/8 nights): June 28th-July 6th & July 20th-28th
• Follow-up period: August 5th-8th (only one day required for follow-up)
Dates for cohort 2
• Screening period: available until July 4th (excluding weekends)
• Admission date: July 6th
• In house-period: (2 in-house stays of 9 days/8 nights) July 6th-July 14th & July 26th-August 3rd
• Follow-up period: August 11th-14th (only one day required for follow-up)
Dates for cohort 3
• Screening period: available until July 10th (excluding weekends)
• Admission date: July 12th
• In house-period: (2 in-house stays of 9 days/8 nights) July 12th-July 20th & August 3rd-August 11th
• Follow-up period: August 20th-23rd (only one day required for follow-up)
- Healthy Caucasian males aged between 20 and 40 (inclusive)
- You must have a Body Mass Index (BMI) within the range 18.0-25.0 kg/m² (inclusive)
- You must not have used tobacco in any form (e.g., smoking or chewing) or other nicotine-containing products in any form (e.g., gum, patch, and electronic cigarettes) within three months prior to admission onto the study
- You must not test positive hepatitis B/C, HIV, alcohol or drugs or show any evidence of drug or alcohol abuse within the last 5 years. (Alcohol abuse is defined as a regular weekly intake of more than 14 units)
- You must be healthy with no underlying medical conditions that may either interfere with participation in the clinical study, and/or put you at any significant risk
- You must not be on any regular medications, including over the counter medication
- You must not have donated blood within 16 weeks prior to first dosing
- You must not have any history of heart-related diseases or abnormalities that show up on your ECGs
- Male volunteers must be willing to use appropriate contraception throughout the study and for three months after the last dose of study medication. They must also agree not to donate sperm for three months following the final administration of the study drug.
This study will be conducted at our clinical trials unit in London Bridge and will involve healthy male and female Caucasian volunteers.
- 1 screening appointment
- 2 in-house stays of 9 days/8 nights
- 1 follow-up visit
In recognition of the time involved in taking part in this study, you will receive £3,240 (£1,080 bonus and £2,160 study payment) on completion of the study provided you comply fully with all the study requirements.
Get in touch
Call our team for more information: +44 (0) 20 7042 5800 (opt 1)
We are open weekdays 9am-5pm
or email us: email@example.com
Register your interest in this clinical trial
Recommend a friend
Ref: HEP_JUNE 2017 (email_website_advert text)
The contents of this advert have been approved by an ethics committee. Any response to this advertisement will be recorded. Your response will not place you under any obligation to participate in this trial.