NEW clinical trial for healthy males aged between 20 and 40. Get paid for your time!
We are carrying out a clinical trial with an investigational drug that is being developed for the treatment of Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV). RSV infection can cause lower respiratory tract infections in infants, small children, the elderly and patients with immune system disorders, respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. RSV is also associated with an increased risk of developing recurrent wheezing and asthma in children. RSV infection in these populations is a major cause of morbidity (illness) and mortality. There are very limited management options for RSV infection and disease. There is an urgent need for a well-tolerated and effective therapy. The results of this study will help us to plan for future clinical trials in patients with RSV.Register your interest in this clinical trial
This study will be conducted at our clinical trials unit in London Bridge located on Newcomen Street and will involve healthy Caucasian male volunteers.
This study is split into 3 parts (treatment periods). You will need to attend a screening appointment up to 20 days prior to admission and if successful, you will need to attend for all three parts. For each part you will be required to attend our unit for 1 in-house stay of 4 days/3 nights as well as 2 outpatient visits on days 4 and 5. You will also need to attend the unit for a final follow up visit eight days after the last dose administration in the third treatment period.
- Screening period: August 9-August 25 (excluding weekends)
- In-house period(s): August 29-September 1 and September 5-8 and September 12- 15
- Outpatient visits: September 2 & 3 and September 9 & 10 and September 16 & 17
- Follow-up period: September 20
Who can take part?
To be eligible to take part in this study you must fit the following criteria:
• Healthy Caucasian male volunteers aged 20-40 (inclusive)
• You must have a Body Mass Index (BMI) within the range 18.0-25.0 kg/m² (inclusive)
• You must be a non-smoker and must not have used tobacco in any form (e.g., smoking or chewing) or other nicotine-containing products in any form (e.g., gum, patch, and electronic cigarettes) within six months prior to admission onto the study
• You must not test positive hepatitis B/C, HIV, alcohol or drugs or show any evidence of drug or alcohol abuse within the last 12 months. (Alcohol abuse is defined as a regular weekly intake of more than 21 units)
• You must be healthy with no underlying medical conditions that may either interfere with participation in the clinical study, and/or put you at any significant risk
• You must not be on any regular medications, including over the counter medications
• You must not have donated blood within 90 days prior to dosing
• You must be willing to use appropriate contraception throughout the study and for three months after the last dose of study medication
• You should not donate sperm from the time of the first administration of study medication until 3 months following administration of the last dose of study medication.
In recognition of the time involved in taking part in this study, you will receive £2,128 (£1,419 study payment and £709 bonus) on completion of the study provided you comply fully with all the study requirements. This amount is based on the anticipated study plan and will be adjusted pro-rata (i.e. same amount of money paid per unit of time), should we invite you to attend extra visits.
Get in touch
Call our team for more information: +44 (0) 20 7042 5800 (opt 1)
We are open weekdays 9am-5pm
or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref: REV_JULY 2017 (email_website_advert text)
The contents of this email have been approved by an ethics committee. Any response to this advertisement will be recorded. Your response will not place you under any obligation to participate in this trial.
You may be required to remain resident in the unit until resolution of any safety issues, after which you will be discharged from the unit.