Get paid for your time!
We are carrying out a clinical trial with an investigational drug that is being developed for analgesic treatment, i.e. for the emergency relief of moderate to severe pain.
The study drug will be delivered via a hand-held inhaler device, a device which is currently in clinical use and will vaporise the study drug ready for inhalation.
The results of this study will support the development of this drug in the future.
This study will be conducted at our clinical trials unit in London Bridge and will involve healthy male volunteers. You will need to attend a screening appointment 21 days prior to dosing. If successful, you will be required to attend our unit for an in-house stay lasting 5 days/4 nights and 1 follow-up visit 14-17 days after receiving the last dose of the drug.
Who can take part?
To be eligible to take part in this study you must fit the following criteria
- Healthy males aged between 18 and 45 years inclusive
- You must weigh between 55-100 kg (inclusive) and have a Body Mass Index (BMI) within the range of 18.5-30.0 kg/m²
- You must not have smoked within 90 days prior to first dosing up until the final follow-up visit and be willing not to smoke whilst resident in the clinical unit
- You must not test positive for hepatitis B/C, HIV, Tuberculosis, alcohol or drugs or show any evidence of drug or alcohol abuse (Alcohol abuse is defined as a regular weekly intake of more than 14 units)
- You must be healthy with no underlying medical conditions that may either interfere with participation in the clinical study, and/or put you at any significant risk
- You must not be on any regular medications, including over the counter medications
- You must not have donated blood within 90 days prior to first dosing
- You must not have any history of heart-related diseases or abnormalities that show up on your ECGs
- You must be willing to use appropriate contraception with female partners throughout the study
A full list of acceptable contraceptive methods will be discussed in full by a member of the recruitment team and a study doctor during screening.
- Screening period: January 22nd-January 29th
- In house period: January 31st-February 4th
- Follow-up visit: February 15
- Screening period: January 22-January 29
- In house period: February 1st-February 5th
- Follow-up visit: February 16
In recognition of the time involved in taking part in this study, you will receive £710 (£284 compliance bonus and £426 study payment) on completion of the study provided you comply fully with all the study requirements.
Get in touch
Call our team for more information: +44 (0) 20 7042 5800 (opt 1)
We are open weekdays 9am-5pm
or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref: MUN_October 2017 (email_website_advert text)
The contents of this page have been approved by an ethics committee. Any response to this advertisement will be recorded. Your response will not place you under any obligation to participate in this trial.
You may be required to remain resident in the unit until resolution of any safety issues, after which you will be discharged from the unit.Register your interest in this clinical trial