Paid clinical trial for healthy volunteers aged 23 to 55.
Receive a payment for your time!
Book for screening now!
We are carrying out a clinical trial with next-generation nicotine products being developed as an alternative approach to conventional cigarettes. This includes a group who wish to quit smoking. The information gathered during this clinical trial may support further product development in the future.
In recognition of the time involved in taking part in this study, you will receive a total of £3500 on completion of the study provided you comply fully with all the study requirements.
Register your interest in this clinical trial
This study will be conducted at our clinical trials unit in London Bridge and will involve healthy male and female smokers who are intending to quit.
To see if you are suitable to take part we will speak to you on the phone to explain the study further and ask you some general questions about your status and medical history. If everything is okay you will be invited to screen for this study at our clinical trials unit. Please note we may split the screening over two days to make it easier for you.
If you are suitable after screening you will be invited to take part in the study.
On the first day of the study you will agree a strategy to stop smoking with the clinical staff. If you wish we will provide you with nicotine replacement products to aid your quitting process. This is called Visit 1. After Visit 1 you will be asked to come back to the unit every 30 days for further tests and to see how your smoking cessation (quitting) is going.
In total you will have 14 visits occurring every 30 days over a 14 month period.
Screening and admission for the trial will take place in March 2018.
Cohort Arm D – Group 2
- Screening period: March 15th – March 22nd 2018 (screening may be split over two days)
- In-house period: March 23rd 2018
You will be only be required to attend one or two of the screening dates provided.
Who can take part?
To be eligible to take part in this study you must fit the following criteria
- Healthy males or females aged between 23 and 55 (inclusive)
- You must weigh over 50.0 kg (males) and 40.0 kg (females) and have a Body Mass Index (BMI) within the range 17.6-32.0 kg/m² (inclusive)
- You must have smoked filter cigarettes for at least 5 consecutive years prior to your screening visit
- You must not test positive for hepatitis B/C, HIV, alcohol or drugs or show any evidence of drug or alcohol abuse within the last 12 months. (Alcohol abuse is defined as a regular weekly intake of more than 14 units)
- You must be healthy with no underlying medical conditions that may either interfere with participation in the clinical study, and/or put you at any significant risk
- You must not be pregnant or breastfeeding
- Female volunteers of childbearing potential, if heterosexually active, must agree to the use of highly effective contraception starting at least one menstrual cycle before Visit 1 and continuing for at least 3 months after your last visit.
- Male volunteers must be willing to use appropriate contraception throughout the study and for three months after your last visit. They must also agree not to donate sperm for three months following the last visit.
A full list of acceptable contraceptive methods will be discussed in full by a member of the recruitment team and a study doctor during screening.
Get in touch
Call our team for more information: +44 (0) 20 7042 5800 (opt 1)
We are open weekdays 9am-5pm
or email us: email@example.com
Ref: C17034_October 2017_ITQ1 (website and email_advert text)
The contents of this page have been approved by an ethics committee. Any response to this advertisement will be recorded. Your response will not place you under any obligation to participate in this trial.