Richmond Pharmacology are carrying out paid overnight blood collections for patients with a Rheumatoid arthritis condition. This blood will be used for medical research purposes and is used to develop and modify laboratory methods in the development of new medicines.
In this blood collection study, we would like to take blood samples from patients with certain medical conditions of interest; in this case Rheumatoid arthritis condition. This will allow research into disease-specific factors and the effectiveness of drugs and vaccines on specific conditions.
Register your interest in this clinical trial
|Admission dates||Donation dates|
|Wednesday 20th September 2017||Thursday 21st September 2017|
|Monday 25th September 2017||Tuesday 26th September 2017|
|Tuesday 26th September 2017||Wednesday 27th September 2017|
You will be asked to attend the RPL unit in London Bridge on the afternoon of your appointment at 14:00pm and remain in the RPL unit until the blood collection has been completed the following morning.
It is estimated that you will be required to spend less than 24 hours in the RPL unit.
You will be paid £100 for donating up to 500mls of blood.
Who can take part?
To qualify for participation you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged between 20-70 (inclusive)
- You must have the following ‘medical condition of interest: Rheumatoid arthritis
- You must have a satisfactory medical assessment, you will not be included in this study if the severity or nature of your medical condition exceeds the safe limits to give a donation, as determined by the study doctor.
- Must weigh more than or equal to 50kg
- You must not have had a significant operation within 6 months prior to the study
- You must not have any history of anaemia, active bleeding or blood loss within six months prior to the study start
- You must not have taken any recreational drugs in the last 6 weeks (including cannabis, speed, ecstasy, cocaine, LSD etc).
- You must be able to undertake your own activities of daily living or self-care whilst resident on the clinical trials unit
- Female volunteers must not be pregnant or breastfeeding
In recognition of the time involved in taking part in this study, you will receive £100 for your time.
Get in touch
Call our team for more information: +44 (0) 20 7042 5800
We are open weekdays 9am-5pm or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for this clinical trial