Receive £260 for 4 visits to our London Bridge unit.
We are looking for women with endometriosis, aged 18-39, to measure levels of oestradiol (a hormone) in your blood and urine.
In recognition of the time involved in taking part in this study, you will receive £260 (£174 study payment and £86 bonus) on completion of the study provided you comply fully with all the study requirements. This amount is based on the anticipated study plan and will be adjusted pro-rata (i.e. same amount of money paid per unit of time), should we invite you to attend extra visits.
This study will involve you attending our private medical facility in London Bridge on four days. You will need to attend a screening appointment and if successful then 3 out-patient visits.
Study dates will be discussed with you during your telephone screening. Please call or send an email for further information.
Who can take part?
We will check your suitability for the study using the following criteria:
- You are a pre-menopausal female aged 18 to 39 years (inclusive).
- You have been surgically diagnosed with endometriosis.
- You are taking a combined oral contraceptive pill prior to attending the screening or are willing to begin taking or switch contraceptive method to a combined oral contraceptive pill during screening (brand names include Microgynon 30, Ovranette and Rigevidon).
- You must not have had surgical treatment for endometriosis within 12 months prior to screening.
- You must have a Body Mass Index (BMI) within the range of 18 to 25 kg/m2 (inclusive).
- You must have a bodyweight of between 45 to 90 kg (inclusive).
- You must not be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You must not consume tobacco in any form or other nicotine-containing products 30 days before your first out-patient visit.
- You must be healthy with no underlying medical conditions that may either interfere with participation in the study and/or put you at any significant risk.
- You must not have any gynaecological or other diseases that may affect the level of oestrogen in your blood and urine.
Get in touch
For more information on this study or to book a screening appointment please REGISTER FOR THIS CLINICAL TRIAL below to arrange a call back
Call our Volunteer Recruitment team for more information: +44 (0) 20 7042 5800 (opt 1)
We are open weekdays 9am – 5pm.
Ref: C19044_Jan2020 (email_website_advert text)
The contents of this page have been approved by an ethics committee. Any response to this advertisement will be recorded. Your response will not place you under any obligation to participate in this trial.
You may be required to remain resident in the unit until resolution of any safety issues, after which you will be discharged from the unit.