Receive a payment of £370 for your time and commitment
We are conducting a clinical trial, on behalf of British American Tobacco Ltd., in healthy male and female volunteers aged between 19 to 55 who are Vype users.
You will be paid for your time and commitment if you take part in this clinical trial.
The aim of this clinical trial is to compare ‘health effect indicators’ (biomarkers) in healthy adult volunteers who use Vype e-Pen3 and/or e-Pods versus healthy adult volunteers who smoke and to compare these results with volunteers who have quit smoking and those who have never smoked.
The trial will involve you staying with us for a couple of days (see below) at our private medical facility in London Bridge.
During your stay, we will conduct safety assessments and collect blood and urine samples to assess ‘health effect indicators’.
This is not a trial of new medicine.Register for this clinical trial
If you are interested in participating in the trial:-
- You will need to attend a screening appointment so we can check if you are suitable to take part in the trial. At this appointment we perform a number of tests including, taking blood, checking your heart, and carrying out a physical examination to see if you will be OK to take part in the clinical trial. We will have all of the information we need on the day of the screening to determine if you would be suitable to take part in the study.
- If you are assessed as being suitable and wish to carry on into the study, you would stay with us for a further 24-36hrs from the time of your screening appointment. This means your time commitment will be of approximately 2 days / 1 night in our clinical research unit from the time of screening to the end of the in-house part of the trial.
- By running the study in this way, it means you only have to make one combined visit to the unit for screening and the study itself.
- During your stay with us, we will conduct a number of assessments including blood and urine samples to assess ‘health effect indicators’ between the groups.
- Once you leave the clinical research unit, you will receive a follow-up phone call within 7 days after being discharged for a final telephone discussion with a doctor.
Clinical trial dates
For further details on trial dates, please contact a member of the recruitment team on 020 7042 5800 (select option 1) or register to receive a callback.
Who can take part?
We will check your suitability for the clinical trial using the following criteria:-
- You are a male or female aged between 19 to 55 years, inclusive.
- You have a Body Mass Index (BMI) within the range of 18.5 and 30.0 kg/m2.
- You have a bodyweight of more than 52 kg/8st 2lb(males) or 45 kg /7st 1lb (females).
- You must be healthy with no underlying medical conditions that may affect the trial or put you at any significant risk.
- You must not test positive for alcohol or drugs or show any evidence of drug or alcohol abuse (alcohol abuse is defined as a regular weekly intake of more than 14 units).
- You must not be pregnant or breastfeeding (female volunteers only).
Vype e-Pen3 and/or e-Pod users
- You are a regular (daily) user of the Vype e-Pen3 and/or Vype e-Pod vaping devices.
- You have used the Vype e-Pen3 and/or Vype e-Pod vaping devices for a minimum of six months prior to Screening.
- You must not switch between Vype e-Pen3 and/or Vype e-Pod vaping devices and other vaping devices or cigarettes, i.e. you only use Vype e-Pen3 and/or Vype e-Pod vaping devices.
A full list of do’s and don’ts will be given to you by a member of our recruitment team if you are interested and want to find out more.
Clinical trial Payment
In recognition of the time involved in taking part in the trial, you will receive £370 (£247 clinical trial payment and £123 compliance payment) on completion of the clinical trial, provided you comply fully with all the clinical trial requirements. The main payment shown above is made in recognition of the time and effort involved in taking part in this clinical trial. We want you to cooperate with us to achieve the objectives of the clinical trial, hence if you are suitable to take part in the trial, we will also give you the compliance payment shown above.
Contact our Volunteer Recruitment team
For more information call +44 (0) 20 7042 5800 or email:Register your interest in this clinical trial
You may be required to remain resident in the unit until the resolution of any safety issues, after which you will be discharged from the unit.
The contents of this page have been approved by an ethics committee. Any response to this advertisement will be recorded. Your response will not place you under any obligation to participate in this trial.
Ref: C20034_Dec2020 (email_website_advert text)