Receive a study payment of £1,816
We are conducting a clinical trial for a potential new medicine that would be used to treat people with nerve injury. In this clinical trial we are asking up to 40 healthy male participants aged 19 to 45 years to test a potential new medicine so we can see how your body deals with the drug and how long the drug stays in your body. You will be paid for your time if you take part in this clinical trial.
If you are interested in participating in the trial:-
- This clinical trial will involve you staying with us for several days (see below) at our private clinical research unit in London Bridge.
- You will need to attend a screening appointment so we can check if you are suitable to take part in the trial. At this appointment we perform a number of tests including, taking blood, checking your heart and carrying out a physical examination to see if you will be OK to take part in the clinical trial.
- If results from your screening appointment show you are a good candidate for the trial, you will be invited to take part.
- This will involve a stay of either 10 days / 9 nights or 16 days / 15 nights in our clinical research unit depending on the results from the first part of the clinical trial. We will let you know how long you will stay in our unit for, before admission.
- After your stay with us you will need to return for 2 further appointments, 1 day and within 5 -10 days after you leave the unit following your in-house stay. This means the whole process takes approximately 8 weeks from your screening visit through to your final visit.
- In total, if you are included in the clinical trial you will come to the research unit 4 times.
- During your stay with us you will receive multiple doses, 7 in total (via your mouth, once a day for 7 days or once every other day for 14 days [7 doses in total]) of the new medicine and we will conduct a number of assessments (like those we did at screening) to check how well you tolerate the drug and to help us understand how long it takes for your body to get rid of the drug.
Clinical trial dates
Who can take part?
We will check your suitability for the clinical trial using the following criteria:-
- You are a male aged between 19 to 45 years inclusive.
- You have a Body Mass Index (BMI) within the range of 18.0 and 30.0 kg/m2.
- Your body weight is within the range of 60 kg and 90 kg.
- You must be healthy with no underlying medical conditions that may affect the trial or put you at any significant risk.
- If you are sexually active, you and your female partner must be willing to use appropriate contraception, starting from the first day of dosing until 3 months after the last dose.
- You must be a non-smoker/non-user of nicotine from at least three months prior to first day of dosing and for the duration of the clinical trial.
- You must not test positive for alcohol or drugs or show any evidence of drug or alcohol abuse (Alcohol abuse is defined as a regular weekly intake of more than 14 units).
- You must not use of sunbeds from at least three months prior to screening and for the duration of the clinical trial.
A full list of acceptable contraceptive methods will be discussed in full by a member of the recruitment team and a trial doctor during screening.
Clinical trial Payment
In recognition of the time involved in taking part in this clinical trial, you will receive £1,816 (£1,216 clinical trial payment and £600 bonus) on completion of the clinical trial provided you comply fully with all the clinical trial requirements. This amount is based on the anticipated clinical trial plan and will be adjusted pro-rata (i.e. same amount of money paid per unit of time), should we invite you to attend extra visits.
Contact our Volunteer Recruitment team
For more information call +44 (0) 20 7042 5800 or email:Register your interest in this clinical trial
You may be required to remain resident in the unit until resolution of any safety issues, after which you will be discharged from the unit.
The contents of this page have been approved by an ethics committee. Any response to this advertisement will be recorded. Your response will not place you under any obligation to participate in this trial.
Ref: C19043_July2020 (email_website_advert text)