Paid clinical trial for healthy males aged 18-40
Receive a payment for your time!
We are carrying out a clinical trial with an investigational drug that is being developed as a treatment for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). The main aim of this study is to determine how long the drug will remain in the body, but we will also study its overall safety and tolerability when given in single and multiple doses. The information gathered during this clinical trial may support further drug development, including larger trials in patients with COPD.
This study will be conducted at our clinical trials unit in London Bridge and will involve healthy volunteers.
- You will need to attend a screening appointment within 20 days of admission.
- If successful, you will be required to be in our unit for 1 in-house stay of 9 days / 8 nights
- Then; 1 follow-up visit 7 to 14 days after receiving the last dose of the study drug.
Register your interest in this clinical trial
[Part 2 – Cohort D]
*Only 1x screening appointment required
Who can take part?
- Healthy males aged between 18 and 40 (inclusive).
- You must have a Body Mass Index (BMI) within the range 18-25 kg/m² (inclusive)
- You must not consume tobacco in any form or other nicotine-containing products 1 year before the screening.
- You must not test positive for hepatitis B/C, HIV, alcohol or drugs or show any evidence of drug or alcohol abuse.
- You must not consume grapefruit (including juice or extract) 48 hours before you receive each study drug administration.
- You must be healthy with no underlying medical conditions that may either interfere with participation in the clinical study and/or put you at any significant risk.
- You must not be on any regular medications, including over the counter medications.
- You must not have donated or lost blood within 8 weeks prior to screening or first dosing.
- If you are with a non-pregnant partner who is of child-bearing potential, you must be willing to use appropriate contraception in addition to the male condom starting from screening and continuing until 90 days after the follow-up visit.
- If you are with a pregnant partner who is of childbearing potential, you must be willing to use a condom starting from screening and continuing until 90 days after the follow-up visit.
- If you are with a partner who is not of childbearing potential, you must be willing to use a condom starting from the signature of the informed consent and continuing until 90 days after the follow-up visit.
- You must agree not to donate sperm during the study and for 90 days after the follow-up visit.
In recognition of the time involved in taking part in this study, you will receive £1,770 (£590 bonus and £1,180 study payment) on completion of the study provided you comply fully with all the study requirements.
This amount is based on the anticipated study plan and will be adjusted pro-rata (i.e. the same amount of money paid per unit of time), should we invite you to attend extra visits.
For more information call +44 (0) 20 7042 5800 or email:Register your interest in this clinical trial
You may be required to remain resident in the unit until resolution of any safety issues, after which you will be discharged from the unit.
The contents of this page have been approved by an ethics committee. Any response to this advertisement will be recorded. Your response will not place you under any obligation to participate in this trial.
Ref: CLI_Feb2019 (email_website_advert text)