Receive a payment of £3970 in recognition of the time and effort involved
We invite you to consider participating in a clinical trial of an investigational drug (ALN-AGT01) being developed for the treatment of high blood pressure.
The main purpose of this clinical trial is to evaluate the safety and tolerability of the investigational drug in adults with high blood pressure. In addition, this clinical trial will evaluate how the body processes the investigational drug and its effect on the body. The information gathered during this clinical trial may be used to support further drug development, including larger trials in patients with high blood pressure.Register for this clinical trial
Clinical trial summary
This Phase 1 clinical trial will be conducted at our clinical trials unit in London Bridge located on Newcomen Street. The trial has 3 periods: screening, treatment, and follow-up.
- Screening visit: To determine your eligibility to participate, you would attend a screening appointment.
- Treatment period: If you are eligible for trial participation, then you will have 2 in-house stays of 3 days / 2 nights each. You will receive 1 dose of the trial drug at each in-house stay.
- Follow-Up period: You will be required to attend 15 follow-up visits (every week) over a period of 3 months after receiving the trial drug. You may be required to attend additional follow-up visits every 84 days if deemed necessary by the Research Doctor. During this time, female participants will also be seen every 30 days to test for pregnancy.
Clinical trial dates
Screening now. For further details on trial dates, please contact a member of the recruitment team on 020 7042 5800 (select option 1) or register to receive a callback.
Who can take part?
We will check your suitability for the clinical trial using the following criteria:-
- Be 18 and 65 years old.
- Have been diagnosed with high blood pressure and either:
a. not taking medication for your high blood pressure, or
b. are taking medication for your high blood pressure and have had no changes to the medication in the 30 days prior to screening for this clinical trial.
- Be a non-smoker
- Have not used tobacco or nicotine-containing products 6 months prior to receiving the trial drug.
- Not test positive for hepatitis B/C, HIV, alcohol or drugs or show any evidence of drug or alcohol abuse.
- Not be pregnant, breast-feeding, nor planning to become pregnant during the clinical trial.
- Female volunteers of childbearing potential must agree to the use of highly effective contraception starting 14 days prior to receiving the trial drug and continuing until trial completion.
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) between 35.0 (exclusive)-50.0 (inclusive) kg/m2.
A full list of do’s and don’ts will be given to you by a member of our recruitment team if you are interested and want to find out more.
Clinical trial Payment
In recognition of the time and effort involved in taking part in this clinical trial, you will receive £3970 (£1323 clinical trial payment and £2647 compliance payment) on completion of the trial provided you comply fully with all the trial requirements. This amount is based on the anticipated trial plan and will be adjusted pro-rata (i.e. same amount of money paid per unit of time), should we invite you to attend extra visits.
Contact our Volunteer Recruitment team
For more information call +44 (0) 20 7042 5800 or email:Register your interest in this clinical trial
You may be required to remain resident in the unit until the resolution of any safety issues, after which you will be discharged from the unit.
The contents of this page have been approved by an ethics committee. Any response to this advertisement will be recorded. Your response will not place you under any obligation to participate in this trial.
Ref: C18038_Feb2019 (email_website_advert text)