Unfortunately we are not recruiting for blood donations at the moment.
We collect blood for medical research purposes. The blood is used to develop and modify laboratory methods in the development of new medicines.
As a blood donor you will need to complete a 4 hour fasting appointment.
You will be paid up to £100 for donating 600 mls of blood or a proportional amount if less blood has been donated, i.e. £50 for 300 mls.
To donate blood you must meet the following criteria to ensure that your blood is suitable for our research:
- Aged between 18-50, fit and healthy with normal blood pressure and heart rate and weigh more than 50kg.
- You must not have smoked a cigarette for at least three months.
- You must not have any medical problems like asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, anaemia.
- You must not have donated blood in the last 4 months.
- You must not have taken any recreational drugs in the last 6 weeks (including cannabis, speed, ecstasy, cocaine, LSD etc).
- You must not have taken any prescription or over the counter medication in the last 14 days (including painkillers, antibiotics, cough/cold treatments, throat lozenges, sleeping tablets, inhalers, foot powder, injections, vaccinations, herbal remedies, vitamins, minerals, medicated creams, sunscreens, self-tanning lotions, energy drinks).
- You must not have any condition associated with excessive blood loss.
Additional criteria for women
- You are allowed to take the contraceptive pill, implantable/injectable contraceptives, or documented sterilisation.
- You must not be pregnant.
- You must not suffer from heavy periods or donate during or for 5 days after your period.
If you meet all the criteria above and you would like to give blood, please call us on 0208 664 5200 or complete the form above to register for blood donations.