Duration of stay
Richmond Pharmacology Ltd is a clinical trials unit which carries out studies for investigational medicines (i.e. not yet marketed) on healthy male and female participants. These investigational medicines often require the participants to be vaccinated due to the way the drug effects the body. Therefore, we are inviting you to take part in a screening (i.e. a general health check) and vaccination project (referred to as ‘project’ from now on) offering free screening and vaccinations against Neisseria meningitidis A, B, C, W135 and Y, Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae type B bacteria which can cause serious and sometimes life-threatening infections, including meningitis, pneumonia (lung inflammation) and sepsis (blood poisoning). This project enables you to partake in any study that requires Meningitis A, B, C, W135 and Y immunity, if you wish to do so.
If you are enrolled in this project, you may become suitable for future trials, but you are not obliged to participate in them.
Who can take part?
To be eligible to take part in this project you must fit the following criteria:
- Healthy male and females aged between 18 and 60 (inclusive).
- Your body weight must be with a minimum weight of >50 kg (inclusive) and have a Body Mass Index (BMI) within the range 18.5-30 kg/m² (inclusive).
- You must not test positive for alcohol or drugs or show any evidence of drug or alcohol abuse.
- You must be healthy with no underlying medical conditions that may either interfere with participation in the project, and/or put you at any significant risk.
- You must not have donated more than 400 mL of blood 16 weeks prior to Visit 1.
- You must not have received vaccinations 28 days prior to Visit 1 or plan to be vaccinated during the course of this project (except for the vaccination planned during the project).
- You must not have had a fever or an infection 14 days prior to Visit 1.
- Female participants must not be pregnant or breast feeding.
In recognition of the time involved in taking part in the project, you will receive £200 on completion of the project, provided you comply fully with all the requirements.
For information about the dates of this project or to book a Visit 1 appointment, follow the Register For This Trial button to receive a call from a member of our recruitment team.
The contents of this email have been approved by an ethics committee. Any response to this advertisement will be recorded. Your response will not place you under any obligation to participate in this project. You may be required to remain resident in the unit until resolution of any safety issues, after which you will be discharged from the unit.
Ref: C18022_Nov 2023 (email_website_advert text)